30th June 2004
To All Port Users, Shipping Agents,
International Shipping and Port Facilities Operators
Declaration of IMO Security Level
1. Chapter XI-2 of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974 requires the Contracting Governments to set security levels and to ensure the provision of security level information to port facilities within their territory and to ships prior to entering a port or whilst in a port within their territory.
2. Yemen Ports Authority (YPA) has been advised by the Designated Authority responsible for Port Facilities in the Gulf of Aden, that SECURITY LEVEL 1 has been declared for the ports of Aden and Mukalla with immediate effect.
3. Any changes in security level will be promulgated by Yemen Ports Authority and a notice will be posted at the YPA Website at http://www.portofaden.com. The Port Facility Security Officers will be informed of any changes in security level at Aden and Mukalla by the Designated Authority.
4. Advice on security levels at the Ash Shihr Oil Terminal east of Mukalla operated by NEXEN Petroleum will be determined by the Designated Authority and may be obtained from the operators.
5. Any enquiry or request for information on security levels at the ports of Aden and Mukalla may be directed to the Port Officer at the Port of Aden:
Telephone +967-2-202850, +967-73-762528 (Mobile)
email: [email protected].
or via Port Control at Telephone +967-2-202238 or +967-2-202262.
Captain Hussein As-Saaidi
Port Officer/Harbour Master
 As defined under Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 1974 Regulation 1